Monday, August 30

SOAP vs CLEANSER

In the past years as I worked with Arbonne products I have had the opportunity to speak with many women about their skin care routine. One thing I hear over and over that now makes me CRINGE is that they wont give into a good cleanser because they simply can't part with their Dove bar soap...ON THEIR FACE! First of all, soap is the most drying and irritating thing you can put on your skin. It makes your skin feel tight and dehydrated and often very itchy! When you put soap on your face you are stripping your face of its acid mantle or protective barrier which allow your skin to be vurnerable of bacteria and water loss leading to dehydration which leads to FINE LINES and WRINKLES!! The more you are hydrating your skin the less likely you are to experience wrinkles and over production of oils that cant excape. Your skin is very smart! Now that you are over producting oils because your skin senses dehydration it has nowhere to go because your epidermis (top layer of skin) is too tight for the oil to flow which can now lead to acne. So.. now you are prone to wrinkles, completed dried out, your face is itchy as can be and you will more than likely have an acne breakout. Time to switch to cleanser?!

If you are a soap PUT IT DOWN.. and PICK THIS UP!... Vitamin E Gel Cleanser. (as seen in previous post ) It will give you the same clean feeling bit its SO good for your skin!! you can purchase it at elizabethgrady.com.

Benefits of Cleanser:
-PH balanced, which means it will not strip our skin of the protective barrier which prevents bacterial invasion.
-Prevents dehydration and sensitivity
-Oil removes Oil which means our skin will get COMPLETELY clean
-Nourishes our skin with Vitamins & Minerals to prevent WRINKLES and leave our skin soft & supple!

HAPPY WASHING!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

I was a fool some years ago and used soap on my face but just because my doctor told me so! I have an oily skin but it also gets easily irritated so that was sooo stupid! my skin looked like it was 40 years old, it was tight and ugly. of course soaps suck. another doctor told me not to use any cleansers on my face at all, which I also find stupid. It is impossible not to clean your face ever. and sometimes just water does not work. I'm so disappointed in most of the doctors I had :-<

August 30, 2010 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger colleen said...

I am also disapointed a doctor would EVER recommend soap! You definately should cleanse your face with a good cleanser- Try the Vit E- I bet you would LOVE it! I am still looking into your condition and will get back to you with any feedback or recommendations I have! Im so glad you are enjoying my blog- that gives me motivation to write more often! Thank you!!

August 31, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home